Saturday, May 12, 2007

week ten

On this week I mainly just wrote on Sheryll's laptop. I was trying to figure out what to do with the character. Over time we have changed and improved the story, and we even took out one of the main parts because we felt it would be a much more interesting story if we did. While I was writing, I was trying to get Mike, the main character, to look like more of a tough guy, and I also tried to get him to meet his brother. In the end we took his brother out of the story entirely, but I thought I put his brother in quite well. He's browsing through some phone books because he wants to buy a pizza, when suddenly he recognizes a name at the top of the page. He and his brother have different last names, and the one on the top of the page was his brothers, so he looks down and there is his brothers name. He meets up with his brother and the conversation went ok, but I think doing something so big like that in such a short time is kind of dramatic, because his brother was going to be the main part of the story and that wouldn't exactly work.

No comments: